Core Banking, Cards & Payment Services
As SVP Chief Payments Officer, you will be a member of the Bank’s executive leadership team and oversee strategy, the day-to-day activities, and the evolution of the Bank’s National Payments Team. This is your opportunity to manage and grow the payments business within best practices, regulatory policy, and cultural constraints. As the CPO, you will develop payments strategies for both products and services provided by the Bank and your Team in a manner that enables appropriate, controlled growth toward identified Bank objectives and strategies. Although primarily focused on Payments Products and services, you will occasionally be asked to represent the Bank to external stakeholders, inside and outside of the “payments world”, as you support the Bank’s strategic communications in a way that engenders confidence and trust in the organization.
- Serve as the business lead on all payments-related matters to the executive team and the Board of Directors. Assist the CEO and other senior leaders in reporting to and responding to inquiries of the Board.
- Develop the budget for National Payments on an annual basis in line with the Bank’s annual budget and growth strategy.
- Identify products and services required for Payments to achieve the annual and strategic plan(s).
- Lead the Payments team. Accountable to the CEO for their assigned work product, as well as, their professional development, including succession planning.
- Advise the CEO and other senior leaders regarding the interrelation of payments and core bank product development.
- Collaborate laterally across the executive team, as necessary, to execute the payments business and maintain broad organizational awareness; accordingly, anticipate, communicate, and coordinate near and long-term requirements.
- Work with the senior leadership team to identify and manage organizational and technical risks.
- Support strategic thinking and achieve specified, assigned objectives through product, projects, programs, portfolios, and personnel.
- Build relationships with appropriate trade associations and other external stakeholders.
- Identify market trends and strategies.
- Identify regulatory implications that affect the payments services, liaison with appropriate officials as necessary to impact decision making.
- Explore new markets, products, and services to ensure growth.
- Develop new opportunities and manage the submission and approval to the appropriate committees.
- Ensure Team adherence to the Bank’s procedures and standards.
- Create goals and manage strategies to achieve financial and operational objectives.
- Mentor and develop managers by providing ongoing feedback and training.
- Engage, motivate, and lead a strong Team, while holding Team members accountable to results.
- Develop, evolve, and manage processes necessary to execute Payment activities on behalf of the Bank; accountable to oversee the execution of those processes and coordinate activities with back-office service support. Coordinate resolution with functional leads across the senior leadership team.
- Champion Payments awareness for both internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding of prepaid card services fundamentals and opportunities company-wide.
- Responsible for compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Fifteen years of related experience, including general management, partnership development, or sales.
- Solid understanding of the Payments ecosystem.
- Experience at a payments-centric financial institution or large tech organization.
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy and execute to achieve appropriate results in both entrepreneurial and large complex organizations.
- Team-focused, values-driven entrepreneurial leadership with significant Payments experience.
- Understands the interrelationship of the banking products and payment offerings.
- Demonstrated payment and prepaid products and services subject matter expert.
- Advanced knowledge of payment and prepaid appropriate financial metrics, including business finance fundamentals, economics, and accounting. Ability to apply those concepts appropriately to the payments business.
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both in verbal and written communications, as well as, present information to groups of managers, employees, customers, and the general public.
- Superlative emotional intelligence, problem solving, and team building skills.
- Strategic level thinking.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff, partners, customers, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Technical writing, to include reports, procedure manuals, articles for publication.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of finance, economics, and accounting.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret financial statements, government regulations, professional journals, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limed standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.