Payments and Community Bank Divisions
Fintech Sponsor Bank
Do you have consumer protection compliance experience in a retail banking environment? This is your opportunity to leverage that expertise as you expand into fintech, cards, and payments. In this role, you will collaborate with Legal, to evaluate and approve marketing materials, regulatory disclosures, and account terms and conditions. You will also provide ongoing advisory support to support the growing third party fintech sponsorship line of business that is nationwide in scope. If you are a high-potential compliance professional with an interest in innovative financial services, this is a great way for you to diversify your experience and grow in your career!
- Identify and advise on effective compliance solutions involving highly complex laws, regulations, and business concepts.
- Evaluate multi-channel marketing and advertising materials for compliance with applicable laws and internal and financial industry standards for treating customers fairly.
- Perform compliance testing to identify issues and root causes as compliance problems arise. Collaborate with the team to develop solutions and processes to remediate the issues.
- Consult with the Legal team and interact with Compliance colleagues on an ongoing basis.
- Review policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with applicable consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Review and prepare training on applicable regulatory requirements.
- Review account agreements for compliance.
- Track issues to completion and ensure timely implementation of corrective action.
- Help the business line to implement new or changes to regulations.
- 5 years of consumer protection compliance experience in the financial services industry, including some experience in a complex banking environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Effective and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Public presentations skills to audiences including management, peers, clients, and partners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of banking, especially cards, payments, or fintech
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of lending, deposit and BSA related compliance laws and regulations.
- Ability to comprehend and translate laws, regulations, guidance, and expectations into banking practices.
- Sound knowledge of typical banking operations.
- Ability to devise practical compliance solutions for innovative, highly complex bank products and services, and effectively communicate with key stakeholders across the institution.
- Deep knowledge of relevant payments laws and regulations such as the EFT Act and Reg. E, TILA, Reg. Z, and UDAP/UDAAP.
- General knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC
Remote, OH, FL