The SVP & General Manager, Processing, will have overall responsibility for the development, quality and operation of a world-class processing environment. The GM will be a hands-on leader, directing the creation of a world-class operational environment, monitoring and management of SLAs, defining and driving the strategic vision for processing, integration with other GDOT technical environments, driving required industry and regulatory compliance, and managing quality delivery.
The GM must have the ability to plan ahead, and balance competing priorities. The GM must also have established methods for analyzing alternatives and explaining tradeoffs to Senior Management.
- Serve as General Manager and executive leader of the processing operations division, responsible for bankcard operations, payment operations and card processing services.
- Develop card and payment strategies
- Manage P&L, with an operating budget of over $100MM per year
Identify revenue opportunities related to interchange fees and loyalty/royalty agreements
- Recruit and manage a staff o responsible for building a card processing platform
- Develop and manage partnerships with payment card Networks
- 20+ years of experience in financial services transaction processing, 5+ of which in leadership positions
- Experience managing budgets of $2m per year or more
- Experience managed a combination of architecture, development, quality management and technical operations functions
- Leadership experience in financial services/banking
- Experience leading organizations of at least 50 people
- Proven track record of practical experience in managing successful high-transaction-volume environments
- Proven program management experience, including awareness of the processes needed to control large-scale programs
- Demonstrated experience presenting a combination of vision and execution details to Senior Management
- Track record of hiring and retaining top talent
- Experience planning and managing for the scalability of transaction processing environments
- Experience managing a secure environment, including controls required regarding PCI and related standards
- Keen awareness of software development lifecycles, including the controls and measures needed to monitor progress and identify issues
- Experience with modern systems design, including tools and techniques needed to enable agility in a regulated environment
- Honed ability to plan ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater
- Experience in prepaid or credit card industry processing
- Knowledge of Banking and/or credit card systems (stored value systems).
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in an IT development environment based on Microsoft .NET framework.
- UML process experience.
- Knowledge of banking and processing industry trends
- Knowledge of processing regulations, standards and controls
- Experience with integration using SOA principles
- Experience with software development using Microsoft technologies
- Experience with large-scale database environments, including data modeling
- Experience with platform conversions, and managing risks during transition