You will be responsible for selling the institution’s Payment Solutions, consisting of Automated Accounts Payable Solutions and Commercial Card Payment Services to targeted companies in a designated sales territory. These organizations will typically have no established relationship with the institution prior to contact. To achieve the objectives of this job, you will initiate the use of various prospecting methods including cold calling, leveraging internal and external referrals, as well as through networking groups. In addition to prospecting, you must employ effective listening, problem solving, presentation, sales, and negotiation, closing and relationship management techniques to obtain assigned sales goals. You will also aid in transitioning new account sales to the internal Account Management Team.
- Acquire New Accounts (70%):
- Conduct sales calls performing consultative business process reviews, identify prospect goals and objectives for process improvement and efficiency goals, then effectively match solution capabilities to address these requirements.
- Provide value-added services including but not limited to technical support, Product Development, Relationship Management, and other benefits of the Solution Suite.
- Negotiate contractual terms and pricing options while taking advantage of the best solutions that will yield pricing advantages for the customer and provide an acceptable return to the Bank.
- Own account and monitor its activity for a defined period of time and transition it to the Account Management Team.
- Prepare RFI’s, RFP’s, File Spend Analysis, Proposals and Sales Presentations (30%):
- Create customized proposals and present them to potential customers.
- Clearly understand prospect’s current processes and future needs and identify strategies to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, or improve service to win business.
- Use internal customer lists and external lists (such as Dun & Bradstreet) to develop prospect lists meeting the targeted client profiles.
- Set appointments with prospects through the telephone, email, conferences, trade shows, marketing campaigns, and cold calls.
- Move prospect through the sales cycle from 1st appointment to contract signing.
- Negotiate contractual terms and pricing for new customer accounts.
- Strong analytical, communication and selling skills
- Prioritization and organizational skills
- Presentation skills
- Organizational awareness
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships to facilitate and achieve corporate results
- Ability to achieve an exceptional level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job related areas; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in the industry
- Minimum of 5 + years of sales experience (new customer acquisition) preferably in Technology Sales and understanding of business concepts to include accounts payable, purchasing, accounting, etc.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Strong organizational, follow-up, interpersonal, telephone and PC skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to source own leads (hunter type sales experience), set own appointments and follow-up
- Experienced in “solution selling” – having the ability to work with clients by identifying company goals/initiatives and move the sale through the sales cycle to close
- Must have experience working with C-level decision makers and negotiating pricing/contracts
- Detail oriented and can incorporate complex program and technical implementations
- Knowledge of sales process, operational functions, implementation process, business development, presentation skills, preparing customers’ requests for proposals and strong customer contact
- High school diploma required; four year college degree in related field, or Advanced Degree preferred.***Additional education equates to work experience: 5+ years of New Customer Acquisition Sales experience in Commercial Card, Banking or Financial Services; or related experience. Proven successful track record within team selling and lead sharing environments.
- Workflow Solution Sales
- Treasury Services
- Commercial Credit Card industry
- Document Management Sales
- Electronic Invoice Presentment & Payment Sales
- Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) Sales
- Financial Services Sales
- Imaging Solution Sales
- Payment Services
- Procure to Pay Services
- Supply Chain Financing
- Trade Finance
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) Accreditation Certificate
- The Accounts Payable Network (TAPN) Accredited Payables Solutions Consultant (APSC) Certificate
3 Open Jobs in 3 US Territories:
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- Atlanta, GA