As the Senior Risk Analyst for Merchant Acquiring, you will oversee multiple bank sponsored relationships to ensure compliance with ISO and Network Guidelines. Investigate and assess the creditworthiness of new/potential customers and perform periodic credit reviews for existing customers; make recommendations to and implement the Bank underwriting and risk monitoring guidelines so that an acceptable level of credit risk is maintained; and send approval of merchant applications in accordance with ISO guidelines to minimize the Bank’s overall credit risk exposure. You will serve as the link between clients and senior bank management by providing exceptional support to the largest and most complex customer relationships and by resolving high-level issues. This includes developing relationships with Compliance, FCRM, Deposit Operations, IT, Legal and Enterprise Risk Management to ensure the efficient delivery of services to customers.
- Manage multiple bank sponsor relationships to ensure compliance with ISO oversight guidelines. Maintain appropriate controls are in place to monitor all client activity and ensure clients are operating within the card brand rules.
- Remediate issues as discovered throughout the process and escalate to proper internal resources when outside the scope of Acquiring oversight.
- Partner with internal compliance functions to maintain Know Your Customer (KYC), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR), and other AML regulations and risk assessment for Sponsored entities. Ensure that all compliance issues have been resolved or corrected.
- Support internal efforts regarding transaction risk shadow monitoring and make recommendations to client rule sets, where appropriate, to close potential gaps based on fraud or credit loss trending.
- Create monthly management and bank sponsor reporting, by client, on Key Portfolio Indicators (KPIs) consistent with card brand and regulatory requirements and expectations.
- As primary point of contact for clients, take the lead on working with clients to scope out the best possible solutions. Perform vendor and client Due Diligence.
- Ensure proper documentation of ISO and partner processes.
- Work closely with Program Implementation manager and participate in key decision making for new client implementations.
- Assist with network set-ups with Network partners
- Effectively address and resolve issues which require higher level of technical and analytical competence with minimal supervision. Examples include, but are not limited to, ACH file problem solving, Remote Deposit Installation and troubleshooting, documentation of vendor defects, browser settings and troubleshooting issues related to client computer environment.
- Customer Service - Highly professional demeanor with excellent telephone skills and etiquette. Utilize various interpersonal styles and communication methods to positively assist and influence customers.
- Operational/Regulations Processes - Knowledge on organization’s policies, regulations, objectives, and initiatives according to the job’s responsibilities. Ability to establish, conduct and track (audit) operational processes properly, and implement changes.
- Products and Services - Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Merchant Acquiring product and services mix and retain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all documentation required for set up.
- Project Management - Knowledge of project coordination, identification of business needs, work plan, time management, resource allocation, team management and status reports. Must demonstrate leadership, logic, and reasoning skills. Identify risks/issues affecting project work progress and recommend solutions.
Schedule a Call with Corbin
Job Filled April 2018