Reporting to the VP of Global Sales, you will be responsible for driving Premium Card sales growth in North America as you target and qualify new customers in the banking segment, gift, gaming, and retail markets (as well as identifying new markets and opportunities). Key activities include preparing and delivering sales presentations, developing statements of work preparation, day to day account management, and a variety of activities and projects assigned by Management. You will also manage communications with internal departments including project management, R&D, manufacturing, and finance.
Sales and Business Development Tasks
- Banking Customers – Develop a sales plan for the top 50 Banks in North America as well as a sales plan to target the second-tier banks. Qualify key customers and make sales presentations. Travel to the customers, work with the project managers to develop statements of work for the client, and develop and negotiate final terms and conditions to close business.
- Account Management – Prepare materials and reports for meetings with key customers. If required, review engineering development logs and prepare summary document for bi-weekly phone conferences and participate in client meetings.
- New Markets – Research new business segments and come up with target list of potential customers in the category. Develop a sales plan for new opportunities and categories and work with Sales VP to qualify key customers and make sales presentations. This will include travelling to the customers, phone follow-up, and development of statement of work for prototyping and on-going production.
- Marketing – Prepare literature for industry events or sales presentations to targeted customers. Update current product and service literature at the direction of Management. Participate in web research for targeted prospect groups.
- New Product Development – Work with Supply chain to research potential vendors and raw materials as prospective partners/components in new product development client projects. Contact designated Vendors and gather information and materials required for ongoing projects. Participate in weekly new product development meetings.
- Industry Events – Prepare materials for presentations at Domestic Industry Events. Make arrangements with Event Associations for Management participation. Coordinate communications with partners and vendors related to industry events at the direction of the Management.
- Internal Projects – At the direction of Management, follow up on in-house projects to facilitate completion on a timely basis. Maintain weekly project list of projects not being managed by the current project management team.
- Experience selling to Financial Institutions
- Minimum 4 years of relevant/related experience;
- BS or BA degree strongly desired;
- Ability to relate to employees and understand their needs;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check own work;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Task oriented excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work load;
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative;
- Excellent problem solving skills; and
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Outlook.
Job Filled August 2018