As the Head of Business Development, you will be responsible for identifying ways to further monetize the infrastructure and technology of this closed-loop payment network. The position requires the identification and development of products that enhance both segments of the company’s core business lines:
- Global Payment Network comprised of Issuers, Merchants and Account Holders
- Alternative Forms of Payment (AFP) processing
In this role, you will lead prospective partner negotiations and develop strong quantitative models to support pricing recommendations as you establish, cultivate and maintain executive-level relationships with Issuers, Merchants, Fintech companies, banks, financial institutions, and other key stakeholders. You will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Lead the Alternative Form of Payment (AFP) processing business unit
- Identify new AFP processing partnership opportunities and make recommendations for program enhancements or revisions
- Develop expert-level understanding of the company’s charge card business line in order to develop additional features and attributes that add value to Issuers, Merchants, Account Holders and strategic partners
- Work cross-departmentally to make insightful recommendations on product and/or service enhancements to improve end-user experience and satisfaction
- Establish partnerships with travel industry technology providers and Fintech companies to ensure solution alignment and integration with leading expense management systems
- Manage staff to ensure that individual targets and goals and are achieved to support broader corporate objectives
- Represent the company at industry events and conferences
- Current or recent experience with a major credit card network, Fintech company, bank, payment service provider (PSP) or payment gateway is required
- Thorough understanding of payment networks and financial transaction processes
- Strong negotiation skills, proposal development, solution design, and proficiency in technical solution demonstrations
- Proven analytical ability. Must be able to translate numerical data into actionable insights.
- Successful track record of moving projects through upper levels of management within highly-matrixed organizations
- Proven success in negotiating complex strategic partnerships
- Must thrive in a consultative, team-based environment and be willing to work cross-departmentally.
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills.
- Must currently reside in the continental US, in or nearby a major metropolitan area.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related discipline or comparable work experience. 8-10 years of equivalent work experience.
- MBA is strongly preferred.
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English. Additional language skills are a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time (domestic and international). Trips can be overnight, week-long, with the possibility of weekend travel on occasion.
Job Filled January 2019!