Product: BaaS, BIN Sponsorship
Company: Financial Institution
This is your opportunity to join a well-established, award winning community bank within their fast growing fintech division. In this role, you will oversee and guide the bank’s Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) Operations (Fintech activity for BIN sponsorship, Payments processing, etc.), including goals, strategies, daily operations, and service performance. You will oversee the card networks for the Bank’s BIN strategy, ensure processes and procedures exist to enforce compliance of network rules, oversee the day-to-day operations of the BaaS fintech partnerships, manage the internal stakeholder relationships for BaaS, ensure policies and procedures are documented and followed for all BaaS operations, and serve as project sponsor for new BaaS product offerings – as well as other initiatives as needed. Your subject matter expertise will provide operational insights to help formulate decisions, execute strategy, and define and implement processes for the effective allocation of resources to meet the Bank’s BaaS needs. Take your career to the next level as a senior leader and influencer to help build out this ground floor opportunity.
- Provide leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure the bank’s fintech BaaS line of business has proper operational controls, customer support, and reporting procedures in place to effectively grow the organization and ensure financial strength and operational efficiency.
- Translate strategic objectives into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Develop, maintain, and update effective strategies, budgets, policies, and procedures for supervised areas.
- Ensure that plans, policies, and procedures are in accordance with laws, regulations, and industry best practices to further the bank’s initiatives.
- Ensure the proper configuration, use, and support of systems supporting the bank’s BaaS line of business.
- Implement department strategies and establish goals to achieve bank goals
- Measure the effectiveness of all internal and external processes and policies related to BaaS.
- Collaborate with bank management to develop and implement plans for the infrastructure of systems, processes, policies, controls, and personnel designed to accommodate growth of the BaaS line of business.
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to department heads and other bank executives.
- Drive and oversee the bank’s BaaS initiatives.
- Manage the team that onboards and manages the day-to-day operational relationships with BaaS clients.
- Contribute to the development of department strategy by providing a view on potential improvements for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment for the BaaS line of business.
- Ensure an effective and efficient operating model is maintained.
- Prepare reports to analyze progress and adverse trends, and make recommendations.
- Identify questionable actions and operational inefficiencies, and collaborate with employees to resolve issues and challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Marketing; or equivalent related experience.
- 10+ years of banking, specifically fintech and payments – with at least five (5) years management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage/lead complex projects and large teams.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be bondable.
- Skill in presenting and communicating information.
- Knowledge of the financial industry, specifically payment specialty.
- Ability to persuade and influence.
- Ability to capitalize on current client relationships.
- Skill in leading and supervising.
- Knowledge of banking regulations related to deposits/cards and payments.
- Skill in formulating strategies and concepts.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Skill in project management.
- Knowledge of business risk management.
*Background checks are required on all bank employees due to accessibility of Personally Identifiable Private Information.
Salt Lake City, UT