Product Type: Fintech Sponsorship & Community Banking
Company Type: Financial Institution
Are you an experienced compliance professional ready to advance in your career with a successful fintech sponsor bank? In this opportunity, you will lead the consumer compliance function for both fintech sponsorship and community banking lines of business. You will manage internal and external resources in providing compliance advisory support, reviewing customer-facing communications, and monitoring and testing as you continue to build out the overall compliance program. Your talent in managing and developing people will be essential to you and your team’s success and is as vital in importance as your in-depth understanding of regulatory requirements and expectations unique to complex, nationwide banking-as-a-service payment card solutions. Leverage your strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with key people internally, with third party partners and vendors, and regulators. As a strategic thinker, you will identify gaps and opportunities for improvement while managing the existing compliance program. If you are ready to make a significant impact in a compliance organization and empower innovation in fintech, this opportunity could be an attractive next step for you!
- Lead the consumer compliance team in an extensive range of activities across both fintech sponsorship and community banking lines of business, including monitoring and testing.
- Effectively manage external resources and vendors integral to the bank’s compliance program.
- Create and administer compliance risk assessments across the bank, including for unique programs and new business initiatives.
- Supervise and mentor your team, helping them to succeed in their current roles while focusing on professional development and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Report on compliance risks to bank management, the Board, and regulators.
- Collaborate with Legal and business leaders to map business processes to key risks and evaluate the effectiveness of controls.
- Lead, support, and develop the Payments Risk and Bank Compliance Committees.
- Oversee the Compliance Monitoring and Testing Program, including testing standards development, and ensure risk-based coverage of significant banking activities.
- Track legal and regulatory changes, partnering with the Legal team to implement effective change management practices.
- Coordinate with the Legal team to advise business leaders on the consequences of legal and regulatory risks.
- Help leadership to remediate compliance deficiencies and violations, establishing and implementing corrective action plans as needed.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on an annual compliance testing plan in coordination with Audit.
- Effectively liaise with regulators and auditors.
- Develop and administer compliance training for bank and third-party audiences and identify new external training opportunities.
- Mentor the team, identifying and developing future senior leaders.
- Over a decade of substantial supervisory experience in overseeing consumer compliance within a banking environment, actively engaged in facilitating nationwide payment card initiatives complemented by a robust understanding of community banking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or another relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
Preferential consideration for certifications such as CRCM or other relevant professional credentials.
- Proven experience in a compliance leadership role.
- Deep understanding of legal and regulatory requirements in the banking industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify program gaps and opportunities for enhancements.